Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 3 Fotografia

A hazy view of the Arenal Volcano, the most active volcano in Costa Rica. Don't be worried Moms, we stayed far enough back.

Rachael and Alberth share a great view on the ignious rocks of the Arenal Volcano.

Lake Arenal just below our hiking position on the Volcano. The hydroelectric energy from this lake powers 20% of the country.

This is the group of scientists that entered the rainfores to collect samples of a variety of plants to press and dry for future research at the Soltis Center.

Channing and Dustin cutting a sample from high in the trees.

High School students still study the same Chemistry all over the world. I always hoped no one else would have to deal with moles.

Chris taught several of the older students how to play a new game, mancala.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the picture of the chemistry lesson! I am showing it to my own chemistry classes here in Colorado. I tell my students that the language of chemistry is universal, and you just helped prove my point! Thank you :)

    PS - Hope you are having an awesome time Amanda, and I have to admit I could picture you in "cute outfit day" and maybe contributing to the disgust at the site of the bug....

    Love,
    Amanda's Mom (Bev Mahoney)

    ReplyDelete